Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Being in Present - गतासूनगतासूंश्च नानुशोचन्ति पण्डिता (Bhagavad Gita - 2.11)

This is one of the powerful verses in Gita.Here Srikrishna is telling us neither to live in the Past nor in the Future but to be in the Present.

It also says, only wise men don't dwell in the Past or worry for future. So whenever we drift away to past or future, the question to ask is Am I a Wise person or not!

As Indians, we bask in the glory of ancient India and all that we had and did 2000 years ago. But as Lord Krishna says here, we need to go on doing our duty and make today's India Great and not just talk about the past!

अशोच्यानन्वशोचस्त्वं प्रज्ञावादांश्च भाषसे |

गतासूनगतासूंश्च नानुशोचन्ति पण्डिता: || 11||

aśhochyān-anvaśhochas-tvaṁ prajñā-vādānśh cha bhāṣhase

gatāsūn-agatāsūnśh-cha nānuśhochanti paṇḍitāḥ|| 11||

ಅಶೋಚ್ಯಾನನ್ವಶೋಚಸ್ತ್ವಂ ಪ್ರಜ್ಞಾವಾದಾಂಶ್ಚ ಭಾಷಸೇ |

ಗತಾಸೂನಗತಾಸೂಂಶ್ಚ ನಾನುಶೋಚಂತಿ ಪಂಡಿತಾಃ ॥೧೧॥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Artistic Rendition - DP to Portrait

Two of my friends did my portrait at the same time without my knowledge from my Whatsapp DP! That was a pleasant surprise! I felt terrific! ...