Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2021

Spirited Susheela Madam - The Amazing People in My Life Series

I am fortunate to know an incredible and spirited person, Susheela Madam. In a single sentence if  I have to describe her - she churns cream out of every situation.
Susheela Rajaram is a retired Bank employee who wears various hats. She is a singer, a music teacher, an artist, grows beautiful plants, knits wonderful sweaters, a painter above all a wonderful and dedicated Mother. She is eyes to her son Vivek who is a great singer. 

Susheela madam also wholeheartedly took care of her parents-in-law and stood by them during their last days. All this in her packed day and still she finds the energy to do more! Last year when she found some time she fulfilled her long-time dream by learning to stitch. 
The grit she put in for making her son pass MA and Music Vidwan is an incredible story. Madam is a Tamilian who hails from Hyderabad. She learned to read Kannada for the sake of her son. She has read to him each and every page of the MA and Music exam syllabus.
The resources and the motivation that she provides for her son with a single-minded dedication are beyond words.


I got to know this incredible person when my daughter Little MM of 5 years joined their music classes. Mam assists Vivek Sir with his music classes. The way she introduces kids to music, the encouragement she gives them, and the love she showers on them is again incredible. This connects the kids to Carnatic music very naturally. Kids look forward to going to their classes. This certainly is a big feat!
When the lockdown started as with everything, the music classes also stopped abruptly. This created much void in them and to compensate for this Madam came up with a new project. She started creating YouTube videos for the Youtube channel called Raaga Swara Thaala
Her elder son Karthik Rajaram and daughter in law Shweta Karthik help with editing, uploads and managing the YouTube channel.
Now she is always busy recording, re-recording music from Vivek. Initially, when she bought the smartphone, I showed her some basic operations and how to use WhatsApp. She explored and expanded it so much that now she can create great videos with YouTube!
Her child-like enthusiasm amazes me every time I meet her. I am a huge admirer of her and in many ways, she is a Mentor to me. I wish her energy boost every day and spread joy to her and all of us!





6 comments:

  1. Super may god narayana bless her with health and happiness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ! Agree every word of it. Blessed to be in her guidance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True Sweta! Ma'am always says that she is so proud of you! 👍😊

      Delete
  3. ಜೀವನೋತ್ಸಾಹ ಅಂದರೆ ಇದೇ ಇರಬೇಕು!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ಖಂಡಿತ ವಿನಯ್; ಅವರ ಜೀವನೋತ್ಸಾಹ ಅನುಕರಣೀಯ!

    ReplyDelete

Artistic Rendition - DP to Portrait

Two of my friends did my portrait at the same time without my knowledge from my Whatsapp DP! That was a pleasant surprise! I felt terrific! ...