Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2021

Sankranthi and Sprawling Rangolis

I always loved Sankranti festival. Mainly the distribution of Ellu Bella( ಎಳ್ಳು ಬೀರುವುದು) has always been my favourite activity. Since this is one of the ways we go and visit our near and dear ones and we bond over the act of giving and receiving the Elly Bella. This was the highlight for me till I realised it is just not that after I moved to Bangalore.
During my initial days here at Bangalore I was at Koramangala. Considered to be the posh locality it was more Western thank indian and more so not South Indian. During any festivals I felt a gloom on my face which I could not explain. Though in the hostel we had fun and good food but I was not cheerful during festival. Ofcourse I missed my family and my Mom.
After a year of starting in hostel I moved to my sister's house which was in Vidyapeeta. Even here she would have gone to the native place for festivals and it was mostly me and my brother at home. But I felt cheerful and 'at home'. So the missing piece had to be something else..For my surprise it was not just food or fun.. Suddenly it was revealed to me from no where aaaaannnndddd it was the Rangoli which everyone put in front of the houses everyday and specially on festivals.
I click pics wherever I see unique Rangolis. Since this feels like "home" and connected to the place.
Today also I went out and captured few pictures of freshly put Sprawling Rangolis near my house.

Wishing that the rising sun of Makar Sankranti fill our life with Bright and Happy Moments..
Happy Sankranthi to all..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Artistic Rendition - DP to Portrait

Two of my friends did my portrait at the same time without my knowledge from my Whatsapp DP! That was a pleasant surprise! I felt terrific! ...