Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Happiness , Coursera and ALOHAF meet-up

From the time I was introduced to Coursera by my husband MM, I have been a good user of this MOOC platform.
I joined the " A life of Happiness and Fulfillment" course back in 2015 as I liked the topic and at the end of the day that is truly longing for me as with everyone as well.
Dr. Raj Raghunathan has designed it so well that the course becomes an experience in itself. He goes into detail about 7 sins to Happiness and 7 Habit to overcome these sins with Exercises.

Sin #1 - Devaluing Happiness
Sin #2 - Chasing Superiority
Sin#3  - Being Needy or Being Avoidant
Sin#4 -  Being overly control - seeking
Sin#5 -  Distrusting Others
Sin#6 -  Distrusting Life
Sin#7 -  Ignoring the 'Source within'

Though it is a 6 weeks course, I would have taken about 6 months to complete the course. That's because of the intensity and the transformation that happens through this course. This course is highly impactful if accompanied by self-introspection and reflection.
Even after 5 years of doing this course, the ideas and concepts that were covered are still fresh in my mind. Importantly I got convinced about the role of  "Trust" in life. The MBA (Mastery, Belongingness, and Autonomy) for Happiness is a profound idea that is a strong driver for me personally. 

After listening to Dr. Raj for months on my laptop, I met him and spoke to him at the Bangalore Alohaf meetup in 2016! 
That was cherry on top!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Artistic Rendition - DP to Portrait

Two of my friends did my portrait at the same time without my knowledge from my Whatsapp DP! That was a pleasant surprise! I felt terrific! ...